Thursday 24 January 2013

This is your Hello, Right Here

Welcome to Disparancies. 

This is blog about Music. (The capital M is important, but we'll get back to that later.) 

A long time ago, I used to care about music. No, that's a bit of a misnomer; music used to be a huge part of my daily life, and wherever I was, there was always music, in one way or another. 

A few years ago, music stopped being so important, but I didn't stop to wonder why. 

Just recently, I did stop to wonder why, and part of what this blog is going to be about is that I'm looking to explore why something that was so important to me ceased being important and simply became background. 

There will also be a lot of more general articles on music here provided by myself and an old confederate from those bygone days, and - who knows? - maybe this will expand out into something else entirely as time goes on. 

For now, though, and for me at least, it's about why music mattered, matters, and will always matter. 

It's also about finding ways to not say 'matter' so much. Don't worry - by the time I start writing actual articles, I'll have discovered many words for Thesaurus. 

- James


No comments:

Post a Comment