Wednesday 19 February 2014

Help (I need somebody)

Seriously.

I've had this in my head all day: 





There is, however, a reason for this.


There's two things at play here; firstly, soundtrack dissonance (science fiction superhero film / Swedish 1970s cover band song). There's a very good reason for this in the context of the film, but, hey, probably spoilers. 

It's been a while since a song grabbed me so immediately from a film trailer, though - I could probably trace previous times it's happened to, say, Lose Yourself from the 8 Mile trailer or, hey, Evanescence making their debut (kind of) with the Daredevil trailer (and film).


Secondly, there's my professional interest in Marvel films, but that's not for this blog.

Trailer music is obviously a big thing - it can make or break a trailer, especially if it's In the house In a Heartbeat, or John Murphy's Adagio in G Minor from Sunshine, which, well... see for yourself.

I just didn't expect to be so impressed by Blue Swede, that's all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment